Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let's Get This Rolling!

So if you're not from the South and reading this....get an interpreter!  You see, I've got this hankering....a hankering to make sure that everything Southern is put into words for my New York transplanted daughter!  As most of my friends know, my daughter transplanted herself to NYC to settle down, get a job and get own with her life!  That's not a bad thing, however; it's a distance from her Southern roots here in Mississippi!  So....as I said....hence the blog.

There are several Southern Truths that we Middle Aged Southern Belles know for sure....
  • Bless her heart may not be a good thing
  • Lord have Mercy is firm for I can't believe it!
  • Never leave home without lipstick (some of my friends really believe this) I think more of lip moisturizer!
  • There is nothing like Sweet Tea!
Of course this is the beginning....yep the beginning.  Join in for the fun....Friends, Southern advice can be the best thing we ever pass down to our girls!  There is no age limit and no certain topic....other than....it must be good Solid Southern Advice...

Until we meet again....it's chicken and dumplings for supper and banana pudding for dessert!

love to all and mean it!

If you'd like to add a blog...send it to me and I'll copy/paste the whole thing for you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'll be John Brown! This is gonna be funnier than a cat on a hot tin roof! As a GRIT (girl raised in the South) myself, I too believe true Southern wisdom just can't be beat! I am looking forward to your pearls of wisdom, so share away! Love ya! - Lewanda

    ReplyDelete